here is the screenshot :

Live demo
Here is the instruction :
To add an element to your blog ,you can insert it to Template file directly or insert in a HTML/Javascript widget . I personally insert into template file ,but I think use a widget is very useful because you don't need to encode the script and you can remove the script any time you want easily .
Now ,create a HTML /Javascript widget . Here is the HTML structure of this slideshow :
<!-- main navigator -->
<ul id="main_navi">
<li>[thumbnail #1]</li>
<li>[thumbnail #2]</li>
<li>[thumbnail #3]</li>
</ul>
<!-- root element for the main scrollable -->
<div id="main">
<!-- root element for pages -->
<div id="pages">
<!-- page #1 -->
<div class="page">
<!-- sub navigator #1 -->
<div class="navi"></div>
<!-- inner scrollable #1 -->
<div class="scrollable">
<!-- root element for scrollable items -->
<div class="items">
<!-- items on the first page -->
<div class="item"> [The Content] </div>
<div class="item"> [The Content] </div>
<div class="item"> [The Content] </div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<!-- sub navigator #1 -->
<div class="navi"></div>
<!-- page #2 -->
<div class="page">
...
</div>
</div>
</div>
main navigator is the navigation on the left side .
sub navigator is small button on the top .
each page element in the code is controlled by an element in main navigator ,and each item in page element is controlled by sub navigator .
You can add as many and item as you want .
From the script ,you can see the elements of slideshow code .To display them as you want ,you can add CSS code for formatting these elements .
Basic CSS code here .
<style>
/* main vertical scroll */
#main {
position:relative;
overflow:hidden;
height: 450px;
}
/* root element for pages */
#pages {
position:absolute;
height:20000em;
}
/* root element for horizontal scrollables */
.scrollable {
position:relative;
overflow:hidden;
width: 510px;
height: 450px;
}
/* root element for scrollable items */
.scrollable .items {
width:20000em;
position:absolute;
clear:both;
}
</style>
You can write more CSS code for other elements . This is the basic one .You got a slideshow in HTML ,and now is the time we make it operate by adding javascript code. After CSS code ,add this code
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://dinhquanghuy.110mb.com/metal/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
// main vertical scroll
$("#main").scrollable({
// basic settings
vertical: true,
size: 1,
clickable: false,
// up/down keys will always control this scrollable
keyboard: 'static',
// assign left/right keys to the actively viewed scrollable
onSeek: function(event, i) {
horizontal.scrollable(i).focus();
}
// main navigator (thumbnail images)
}).navigator("#main_navi");
// horizontal scrollables. each one is circular and has its own navigator instance
var horizontal = $(".scrollable").scrollable({size: 1}).circular().navigator(".navi");
// when page loads setup keyboard focus on the first horzontal scrollable
horizontal.eq(0).scrollable().focus();
</script>
After adding this script ,you can save your widget and see the result .
In this script ,instead of jquery and scrollable plugin , they packed them into one file name jquery ,so adding <script type="text/javascript" src="http://dinhquanghuy.110mb.com/metal/jquery.js"></script>
is enough . You can download js file at this address to know more .
Save template and see the result .
If you want to know more about the code ,or don't want to write the code from the beginning ,you can go to my live demo and save it to computer . Open it ,see how it work ,and copy ,paste . I think it's easier than coding from A to Z .
Hope you like this ! Enjoy it !
Thanks amazing :D
ReplyDeletewhere I have to place the code.. in page elemen? or edit HTML??
ReplyDelete@Akhatam : as I said above ,you can insert the code into HTML or create a HTML/Javascript widget and paste this code into widget content . I suggest using widget for easy to modify and remove if error .
ReplyDeleteYour Demo link isn't pointing to the correct template. ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment . I fixed the demo link
ReplyDeleteis this the complete code? Does not work. I am using your other slide-show template. I tried as widget.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, in the other slide-show, the small images stack instead of form horizontal lineup as in your demo. Is there a way to get horizontal under big window?
Can both be on same page?
@MS : The code in my post is only instruction code and it's not complete .You need to modify it as instruction to make it work . Of course .
ReplyDeleteYou can get the complete code by saving the Live demo to your computer and see the source code . It's the code that work 100% .
About your idea ,I think I need time . Could you wait for me ? I will post the result in this blog if I succeed .
Ok -- did as you said re copy source code and pasted into widget it worked great, adding as widget to layout!
ReplyDeleteBut when I looked at the page, only the new slideshow widget (with photos of buildings for now) is showing and the original viewer and posts are gone! Checked original template and it's all still there. Your menu headings are still there on the page and the title. Just the viewer and images vanished.
By the way, can this widget be under portfolio? Maybe putting both on same page is the problem. I'll look at the Blogger for Dummies book. :)
thanks boss ,very good this templete .
ReplyDelete