Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Simplex Darkness template has been upgraded

Simplex Darkness is one of the most popular template of mine . It was designed in magazine style and it's good with many kinds of website .
Some people commented in my blog for errors ,suggestion ... and thank to them ,I can make a better template.
Most of comments are around the installing ,usage and errors in browsers . So in this version ,I made some upgrades :
-Make this template easier to install .You don't need to editing the code much .
-Some elements such as navigation ,list of page ,the categories are controlled via widget in Page elements
-More spaces to add widget .





Note: Page element is fixed . So now when you open a page ,it will show full post instead of being shorted .Check the live demo for result .Download link for fixed version is provided in this post
here is the screen of Page elements :


Live Demo | Download | Mirror link

How to install :
1,Download template file .This package included a folder of images so you can upload images to your host and change url in template file .
2,Upload template to Blogger .
3, Go to Page elements
To install logo ,click on edit link at the logo widget , and paste image to widget content as structure bellow

Do the same with banner widget . Paste your ads to widget content .
4,To install Page in top-navigation ,go to Blogger in Draft to create page and the page will be displayed automatically in top-navigation .
5,To show post in a category in slideshow ,click on edit button of slideshow widget .In widget title ,enter the title you want to show for the category ,and in widget content ,enter the category(or label ) , for example ,I want to show all recent posts under category 'Feature' in slideshow ,in editing widget dialog ,I do like this :


6,Do like step 5 for elements : morefeat,homepost1,homepost2...homepost7 . Which category you want to show ,enter its title in widget title and widget content .
another example ,I want to show recent posts under Business category in homepage ,I click on edit button ,and enter the content like this in widget configuration dialog :


7,To add ads ,click on edit and paste ads to widget content .
8,To add video ,paste the embed code to widget content .
9,Link list widget at the bottom is for creating a link to other page or feature article .
10,There are many space for adding widget ,so I think it will be easy for you to add your own widget ,ads ,and do some customization .
That's all . I hope you interested in my latest work .
P/s: please help me to check error on Chrome browser . I think I fixed most of troubles.
huy signature

93 comments:

  1. Thanks! You update the code!
    :)

    Good to hear it! 'Cos I do really love this template.

    Is there any differences with the browser compatibility ?
    (Because the section 9 on your older simplex-darkness code sometimes failed - sometimes succeed when loaded by Google Chrome... Sometime..., not always)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more question:

    How to make the line break in the home page (front-page)?
    I mean , the post text / sentences run contiguously in all sections.

    Every row is adjoining / neighboring
    (See paragraph before the auto-readmore in the frontpage).

    Is there a way to change it ?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i add a gadget Blog Arcive and other have problem with witget title not looking good

    help me pls
    >>>>
    h3 class "widgettitle" data:title h3

    ReplyDelete
  4. my blog http://www.peruinformativo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Huy,

    I'm using your updated theme with some visual augmentations to suit my taste. However i found a bug in added pages. I added an 'About' page with a lengthy description but whan i view it, there's only a few lines visible with followed by three dots... I thing the content has been auto readmored. I couldn't get is fixed. Please help me.

    My blog: www.nothernbeacon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey,, I try to use the simplex darkness layout design,, but I got difficulties with the slideshow above... My slide show can't show perfectly...

    actually,, where I supposed to put all those code...?? in edit HTML or widgets... I try both,, but still not working... Would you like to help me... here my site : http://phoenixsyach.blogspot.com

    thx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey thanks, this template is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. is there any way to use the embedded video (still shot) as the image for the thumbnail and feature slider?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Macca: I tried several times ,but I still haven't got a good answer for your question . thumbnail image for video work for only youtube and vimeo ,but not for others kind of video ,so I need more time .I hope you could wait for me

    ReplyDelete
  11. would you please answer my question?

    "
    How to make the line break in the home page (front-page)?
    I mean , the post text / sentences run contiguously in all sections.

    Every row is adjoining / neighboring
    (See paragraph before the auto-readmore in the frontpage).

    Is there a way to change it ?
    :)

    "

    please?

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. /how do u remove d]the post date and blog author?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, i got problems to creat new pages, the codes does not work on the new pages..
    look at the screen shot for u understand what i mean because i have bad english, so just check the image below :D

    http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6531/buggb.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi how to get blog posts below homepost.....someone please help me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi...thanks for this template,

    I got problem: how to make HomePosts title appear in full mode ?

    http://fansbuku.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is there anyway to fix the photos in the featured post section (the slider) at the top of the site from appearing as two photos?

    kbennett@aberdeennews.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ nhamngahanh :
    Actually I'm not really familiar with those codes..
    I'm not really sure... but I'll try to figure it out first.
    Thanks a lot, friend... I do appreciate it.
    :)

    (I'll be back soon)

    ReplyDelete
  19. the page takes ages to load is that the the hosting service you use? thanks alex

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kudos to the Nham!

    Thank you for the Upgraded Version of Simplex Darkness. I have just implemented it on one of my blogs which use the "first version" and it's a major success.

    Previously, I could not have the miniature Featured posts to appear, with the upgraded version, it appears! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Nham,

    I am DatingnMarriage again.

    I uploaded the upgraded version at my first blog at :
    a) http://ways-to-get-your-x-back.blogspot.com/
    ==> So far, everything is okay as I mention in the earlier comment above.

    b) Then I upload it at the second blog at : http://still-looking-for-love.blogspot.com/
    ==> The miniature posts appear shortly when loaded and then dissappear! The "Featured" posts did not appear at all.

    Please assist me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, do u can tell me what codes i have to change about the banner 468x60

    i want change it for 728x90

    TY

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi again,

    The search box doesn't appear to be working, any ideas?

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  24. thanks for the great template....
    i'm unable to delete comments posted on my blog...please help me....
    also the template is missing latest features like tabbed sidebar and like divided footers in wordpress templates also
    the template should be modified to have "two sidebars" wherever needed in the sidebar...
    i think the background of d template if replaced by colours than images will help it to load faster...
    however it doesn't matter
    and the top menu should be replaced by advanced dropdown menu
    nodoubt the template is excellent superb but it is professional to make these changes......

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. another question: is it possible to add a widget for recent comments that will appear similar to the one you've made for recent posts? Because if I add the widget that i find in google suggestions, the are always much different!

    ReplyDelete
  28. gop y chut, bro nen de logo voi type la .psd de anh em tien chinh sua :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. and yea i know for step add in blogerdratf page.But that isnt good for me,because i want to put menu in top with label links.Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks, nahm, but did you find a way to solve this problem? because if I USE ANOTHER TEMPLATE, the thumbnails are showed in facebook. A lot of people have the same problem, but just using some kind of templates, not with other. So I think that analizyng the html code it will be possible to find the way to fix this... but i have no idea about it.. I only know that I don't want to change your beautiful template!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yea i have time to wait.No problem.Maybe its even better if you make with some drop menu or similar i know that people want that :) i will drop every day like before to see update on this ..cheers and thanks for gtreat great template

    ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey friend,

    Our blog is http://ScaryGreeks.blogspot.com

    We managed to find solutions on some of the issues we dealt with.

    The only problem we have right now is that the first line of homeposts has no break between the two labels.

    Check the Music - Concerts: news // Movies - Series: news

    The next line of homeposts (Scary Greeks - Others // Technology - Games: news) is just fine.

    The problem is only with the first two homeposts.

    How can we add the space between them? so they are not like one but separate like the others?

    -d

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi..thx for the template..I already used this template..
    but,how to add widget category in homepage?
    You just give 7 widgets..I need more to show all category or label of my blog in homepage..

    sorry for my bad english,,hehe

    ReplyDelete
  35. hi thank for you nice template and how can i make image in slideshow fit dont repeat image ...

    please help me
    thanks
    savry...

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi.
    Can I remove images in homepost7 section ?
    (the lowest post section in homepage)
    I want to show text only in that section (without pictures).
    Is it possible?
    How?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  37. thx bro..it's working,,,,good job,,good luck for u

    ReplyDelete
  38. Templantes this is simply sensational. Thank you very much

    www.iguatunoticias.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. my template is working well but i have no comments below my blogpost. there is no space to type in the comments. i have activated comments on blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi, can you please tell me how to get my blog to put my blog posts, instead of the labels?

    Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very nice template.

    I'm going to use in a new blog. Pls explain how to expand homepost from 7 to 14. I've 14 important tags, that's why I need.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh, sorry! I see answer already given. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. hi..
    can i know is it possible to use two label in 1 homepost1?
    hope to get answer as soon as possible..
    thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  44. I've just noticed that although there is a feature to reply to a comment, it doesn't work... you can add a new comment, but not reply directly to someone else's comment. Any ideas?

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hello,
    I like your template and i want to use it but some problem appears if i upload it. One question: why my blog with domain dot.tk for thumbnail image cannot show.. just appears notthumbnail.gif for default from your template Can you fix it please ? I need your template and want to use for simplex worldnews. Can you mailme for fix template to blanktrop@gmail.com. My blog is www.indozone.tk.

    Thx for kind attention.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi!

    You is FODA!

    tks, Derick, Brasil!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi,

    I updated my template from the old one the this new one and the ease of use with the widgets is good, but I'm having trouble with the slider pictures. Smaller images get replicated in the slider, is there a way to center them and keep as only one image?

    Thanks for all your help!

    ReplyDelete
  48. how can i make image in slideshow fit dont repeat image ...

    ReplyDelete
  49. How can I remove:
    """About the Author My name is Dinh Quang Huy or known as alias NhamNgaHanh .I made this template in magazine style and named it Simplex Darkness .I hope it helpful to persons who want a solutions for a template in Blogspot.To download this template and see template install instruction ,go to Simplex Design blog. """"

    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm back again,,:D

    how to make pictures in the slideshow widget visible stretch?

    ReplyDelete
  51. @Loser :It's very hard for me to answer your question . If you have no idea how to edit this template ,pls read again my install instruction . Or you can tell me what step you stuck in and describe the error you're facing ,I can help you base on information you provide ,but can't if I only get a general question like this . Sorry mate ^^

    ReplyDelete
  52. Your Template is very good!

    I found this error:
    When I click on more
    If the category includes the first choice of blog posts
    not shown in the list of Articles

    How to do I fix it?

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi!
    I do not know how to enter in top-navigation links to pages as contact or RSS or search on a label

    You can help me?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I used this template and then google reported that contains a malware ? did you find and remove the bad code or not?

    ReplyDelete
  55. Images of subscribe,rss follow me disappear.Also on your demo blog.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Muchas Gracias estimados por tan profesional trabajo. Los felicito

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thanks. I'm using it for my College e-Buletin (http://buletinkksb.blogspot.com). Is there a way to expand the picture in the Slideshow (section 8)?

    ReplyDelete
  58. This is great template..I put in my blog..look

    www.duniakita.info

    thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  59. but I'm having trouble with the slider pictures. Smaller images get replicated in the slider, is there a way to center them and keep as only one image?

    ReplyDelete
  60. I'm having trouble with the language i should use and your script language. I use the turkish and have to translate to the turkish the all of the content or tool of the script.

    Actually, i have been translated the contents of main page to the turkish. (azmanov.blogspot.com) but still, i'm having troubles like in "about the author" or "comments" parts.

    Do you have any idea, how can i translate this parts to the turkish?

    ReplyDelete
  61. @Vecihi : You can open template file in any word editor ,and search for the word 'about the author' or any word you want to translate . And you will find the word to translate . It's the easiest way ^^

    ReplyDelete
  62. Hello friend, first I want to thank you for this wonderful template, but I have a problem ..., in the place of six sections, I need only one, I can put all the posts of the main page in just one category?

    Tanks for all, and sorry for my english

    ReplyDelete
  63. hello saw your post:
    http://simplexdesign.blogspot.com/2009/11/make-slider-for-recent-posts-part-2.html?
    fis after the changes, the slide show besides the title, shows a portion of the post written, and the images are not the size of the slide, I wonder what the image size to fit with the slide?

    ReplyDelete
  64. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Hi, how can I change the date format instead of "," I would like to use "/"
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  66. hey bro i have a problem in feature post in feature post it shows image repeatly please tell me how to show image only once

    ReplyDelete
  67. Hello,
    first of all i want to thank you for all the good things i've learned from your site, especially for the templates and for Jquery.
    Secondly, i have a problem, is there a way to set up the slideshow of this template in order to not have duplicate images ?

    Thank you and congratulations again :)
    Mihai

    ReplyDelete
  68. how to make slideshow work? i am new in blog and don't know much about script. Please help me

    ReplyDelete
  69. @Espacio : you can adjust the width by finding this CSS attribute #wrap {
    clear:both;
    margin:0 auto;
    padding:0;
    width:980px;
    }
    and change width to any value you have .
    Size of sidebar can be adjusted by :
    #contentright {
    float:right;
    margin:0;
    overflow:hidden;
    padding:0;
    width:320px;
    }
    just change it to value you want .
    @Ari : I've just came across your profile but I didn't found any template which contain slider ^^

    ReplyDelete
  70. i can't download it.
    can anyone helpe me?

    ReplyDelete
  71. @Diener Maick and Donna : I added a mirror link in box.net for download . You can try this link if can't download from mediafire . I checked link in mediafire and it's still good .

    ReplyDelete
  72. Very Thanks.
    There is very good template.
    Congratulations for the nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Please anyone.
    How can i active my posts in the home page? Like default by blogger. The latest posts to be showed on the home without widgets?

    ReplyDelete
  74. hello, i look on two posts of the Simplex Darkness, but i not found the comment you made teaching to increase the number of characters in the titles of the post in main page, how can I do that, I would increase caracters of titles and texts have as do?
    just to remember, already looked at all the comments of this post and the other of the simplex darkness but not found!

    ReplyDelete
  75. ahhh, i have other problem, i change all text of the template to my language (portuguese) but de more>> i can`t change, you can answer to me, i need to chague this texte, and tanks for this wonderfull template!

    ps: and Sorry of my english

    ReplyDelete
  76. nhamngahanh

    Thank you for your attention, I wait for the code, once again congratulations on your template, simply fantastic.

    PS: Are you like instead of putting 3 posts by category put only 2?

    ² PS Again sorry for the English ... by google.
    Ouvir
    Ler foneticamente

    ReplyDelete
  77. HI, nhamngahanh, i have other question, in the search field,
    http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3851/entersearchterms.jpg

    when I click, I'd like the words disappear from the field, so that a person does not have to erase what is inside of the field, is simple to do?, if you could teach?

    For an example, this blog, if you click on the search field, the content disappears!
    http://fachbenotnobody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  78. nhamngahanh, i change the value of
    var summary_noimg = 50;
    var summary_img = 40;
    but no make efect in the home page,
    have other form?

    ReplyDelete
  79. Hi,
    congradulations by your template, its good and I've already gotten it, but I have some stuff to modify.
    like, at the post page, when I open a news for exemple, there is a box with "About the Author" and Subscribe via RSS feed, I want to remove it or just to traslate to my language.
    How can I do that?

    About the SlideShow, is there any way to change the color background?

    my blog is: http://afolhadosmunicipios.blogspot.com/
    to take a look.

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  80. dear i want to use this templet but i want some mor modifications i want to change about author at the end of every post as shown in this picture

    http://i56.tinypic.com/f36sex.jpg



    how can i change it can u help me i really thanks its a great templet

    ReplyDelete
  81. hello.
    i have this blog http://kpnafpaktias.blogspot.com/ and i tried to use many of your gorgeous templates, but nothing works in homepage!
    i don't know what is not working right, although i read many comments in your blog...
    if u can help me i ll be gladfull

    ReplyDelete
  82. @http://kpnafpaktias.blogspot.com : it will work if you fill content to each category

    ReplyDelete
  83. i found that there is a problem with recent posts(advanced) widget of blogger.
    when i put it on i missed all thubnails in homepage, and i can't restore it.
    can u find me a solution?
    http://kpnafpaktias.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  84. I have just Added ur template and but images (thumbnails and posts)are not showing...i have tried a lot to but find no solution.Your default image is shown in each post (thats a question mark sign image).Please help how to change this?My Blog is www.screenglass.blogspot.com..Please help me in this.
    ma email address is akanshgulati2009@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  85. @Akansh : Change the feed to full feed by going to Dashboard ->Setting ->Site Feed ,and choose Full in feed mode .

    ReplyDelete
  86. Please tell me is there any way to increase the number of posts that can be seen on homepage under one homepost...Also Help me in the number of character of the title of posts displayed on Home Page is less i want to increse them to 60/See ma blog"www.screenglass.blogspot.com" PLEASE REPLY ME I WANT UR HELP

    ReplyDelete
  87. how to change About the Author on my web site
    www.jhapaonline.net

    ReplyDelete
  88. Please tell me is there any way to increase the number of posts that can be seen on homepage under one homepost...

    ReplyDelete
  89. Please could you say to me if i can change the slider to have only one auto resize img?and no many images. You say tha you have asked this quoeston but i cannot find it. please help me

    ReplyDelete
  90. plzz help.. img tumb in main page not work.
    my blog http://m-ooo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete