Sunday, 7 March 2010

Make thumbnail for related posts

You may know the code for related posts which I showed in previous post in Simplex Design blog. In this post ,I want to show you the code for adding thumbnail to related posts . This code is based on related posts code before but add some lines for thumbnail . I myself don't create this code ,I found it in Bloggerpluggins blog,and introduce it here ,I hope it helpful for you all .

You can take a look on related post with thumbnails at live demo
 


Here is steps for doing this hack :
1,Go to Dashboard ,continue to Layout --> Edit HTML .Checked on Expand Widgets template .
2,Look for  </head>
and replace it with :

<!--Related Posts with thumbnails Scripts and Styles Start-->
<!-- remove --><b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == &quot;item&quot;'>
<style type="text/css">
#related-posts {
float:center;
text-transform:none;
height:100%;
min-height:100%;
padding-top:5px;
padding-left:5px;
}

#related-posts h2{
font-size: 1.6em;
font-weight: bold;
color: black;
font-family: Georgia, &#8220;Times New Roman&#8221;, Times, serif;
margin-bottom: 0.75em;
margin-top: 0em;
padding-top: 0em;
}
#related-posts a{
color:black;
}
#related-posts a:hover{
color:black;
}

#related-posts  a:hover {
background-color:#d4eaf2;
}
</style>
<script type='text/javascript'>
var defaultnoimage="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjiGONQmGv2ILJjdRffNUxMRix7GJacACuwKKOg9NL_gVuGxpsPHlfJ_swPNd6KWdSLUFHJ59Whqqcx3dqhDtjKntUhsdH-ui1AoD5O6rHHeCbOOx6BOiQHvde4trlFtOXYJ8W22T5ZBPg/s400/noimage.png";
var maxresults=5;
var splittercolor="#d4eaf2";
var relatedpoststitle="Related Posts";
</script>
<script src='http://blogergadgets.googlecode.com/files/related-posts-with-thumbnails-for-blogger-pro.js' type='text/javascript'/>
<!-- remove --></b:if>
<!--Related Posts with thumbnails Scripts and Styles End-->
</head>
This is CSS for formatting related posts section .
3,Find <div class='post-footer-line post-footer-line-1'>
or <p class='post-footer-line post-footer-line-1'>
if you don't find any of two lines above in templates ( for example ,in template I designed ^^) you can find this <p><data:post.body/></p>
and add the code below after these line :
<!-- Related Posts with Thumbnails Code Start-->
<!-- remove --><b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == &quot;item&quot;'>
<div id='related-posts'>
<b:loop values='data:post.labels' var='label'>
<b:if cond='data:label.isLast != &quot;true&quot;'>
</b:if>
<script expr:src='&quot;/feeds/posts/default/-/&quot; + data:label.name + &quot;?alt=json-in-script&amp;callback=related_results_labels_thumbs&amp;max-results=6&quot;' type='text/javascript'/></b:loop>
<script type='text/javascript'>
removeRelatedDuplicates_thumbs();
printRelatedLabels_thumbs(&quot;<data:post.url/>&quot;);
</script>
</div><div style='clear:both'/>
<!-- remove --></b:if>
<!-- Related Posts with Thumbnails Code End-->
There are some variables in this code and you can change its value for making related posts section as you want .

var maxresults=5;
the number of related post which will be show

var relatedpoststitle="Related Posts";
title of related posts section
var defaultnoimage="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjiGONQmGv2ILJjdRffNUxMRix7GJacACuwKKOg9NL_gVuGxpsPHlfJ_swPNd6KWdSLUFHJ59Whqqcx3dqhDtjKntUhsdH-ui1AoD5O6rHHeCbOOx6BOiQHvde4trlFtOXYJ8W22T5ZBPg/s400/noimage.png";
url of default image if it can't create thumbnail

var splittercolor="#d4eaf2";
color of splitter line .
4,Save your template and you are done .

huy signature

7 comments:

  1. nhamngahanh, that was great. thanks for sharing. btw, do you have any plan to share the Simplex Portfolio code? it is absolutely nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @farismustaqim : thanks for your comment .I will share this template as soon as possible .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great template! I love the comment list design. But don't you think the post body would be better if you assign arial font? It'd match the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super nice post. Thanks so much for the share. You have some super cool tips on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey I Love Your Template,
    i have problem now.
    for MAKE THUMBNAIL FOR RELATED POSTS at Simplex NewsPaper II
    i cant found This is CSS for formatting related posts section Code

    Please Help Me :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello.. how to remove title in widget..
    to using thumnail only..?

    ReplyDelete