Friday, 20 August 2010

Simplex Enews F.A.Q

Simplex Enews is one of the most popular templates of mine . I received many comments on for errors and solutions . Thanks for your kindly comment and I think it's the time to make a F.A.Q (Frequently Asking Question) .This post will cover some troubles we met when using this template .I hope it will be helpful to you when stick with Simplex Enews .








1,Why my blog is messed /or showing blank / elements are not in right place... after install this template?
Please fill all categories with posts and you will find out everythings is ok , at least 4 posts for each label and it will work well ^^

2,There's no navigation bar in my blog ?
if you don't see page navigation bar in bottom of category page (Newer posts,older posts,home) ... You can :
-Open template in word editor ,find '.pagenavi' and it will lead you to CSS code of page navigation bar ,add these attribute : text-align:center;clear:both;
-Find <div class='pagenavi' id='blog-pager'> and delete id='blog-pager' to <div class='pagenavi'>
Or you can download fixed version .Link to download included in the install instruction .

3,I see no image in home page .It's only 'no image' picture
You can switch your feed mode to Full feed instead of Short .Go to Dashboard ->Setting ->Site Feed -> Allow Blog Feed -> Change to Full

4,My breaking news show strange characters instead of news ?
Just fill Breaking news category with at least 4 posts .

5,How can I change the number of posts in category ?
To change number of post for label from 1 to 6 ,change numposts = 4; to numposts = 3; .Label10 and label8 ,can't change the number of posts by changing value of variables ,so please give me your email and I will send a changed version to yours

6,How can I insert FB share / Tweetmeme / Social bookmark buttons /Related posts/  in the end of posts ?
find <data:post.body/> . Copy the code of Tweetmeme and FBshare and paste bellow <data:post.body/> .
you can go to this page http://www.facebook.com/facebook-widgets/share.php
copy the code of Facebook share button .After that ,find this code :<data:post.body/> and paste the code of FB share button before this code . Visit here if you want the code for tweetmeme : http://help.tweetmeme.com/2009/04/06/tweetmeme-button/
About related posts ,I have two posts on this topic ,one for related post without image, and the other with image .Pls search .

In 108 comments at this time for template Simplex Enews , Here are the troubles we met . Feel free to comment for new errors or suggestion .Thanks all for supporting me .

24 comments:

  1. Simplex eNews template. Profesional and great templates news style. Maybe you can tell us how to make automatic post per label like your template

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great template, but I still have one problem. Instead the number of comments next to the post I don't see the number, but word "comments" in national language selected in Blogger settings. Everything works fine when in settings is English, but I'd like to set my own language (Polish in this case) and I see this error. Is there a way to fix it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is the name of sliding menu on your right bar?

    it's nice..

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi khaled..thank's fo ur respond,, ya I know that but I think is defferent... I want same like metube theme..

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOW I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM SOME OF MY CONTANT IS SPAM AND NOT SHOWING ON THE POSTS
    PAGE NAVIGATION IS NOT WORKING GUD
    TAKE A LOOK PLEASE HERE
    http://warez--blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Khaled : Thanks for your kindly comment . Page loading time and SEO are two of my problems ,because each template use a lot of javascript ,so it's not easy to make a clean code ,good for seo and reduce loading time . Hope you can give me idea and suggestion .Thanks again for metube template . We share to be shared ^^
    @ρ€яℓ★ミ : Sorry but I really don't understand your troubles . I see everything work fine . Just give me more detail or a picture ,it will be easy for me ,mate ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear friend nhamngahanh Hello again.
    It should give you many congratulations on your very nice job.
    I would like to send the amendment to change the number of post's at Label10 and label8 thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @nhamngahanh

    +pcm+ in code does not show the number but the word "comments" in Polish ("Komentarze"). In result next to to the posts on the main page I don't see e.g 1 comments, but Comments comments (in Polish of course). You can look at this on http://sferasoftu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello thanks for the templates.
    I have a blog , but appears a strange character and have more than 4 posts by category.
    What could be the problem? my blog is this: http://www.worldrecipes.tk/
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI!

    Hi I´m from León, Gto, Mexico, I will:

    numposts = 4;
    numposts1 = 6;
    numposts2 = 10;

    My email is: fernandopro614@hotmail.com

    Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Right column format is wrong, pushing content down, so right side top is empty??

    http://editor-testblog22.blogspot.com/

    Is there a post max image width that might be causing this problem? Please advise

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Editor :pls fill content to each category ,at least 4 posts each one ,and you will see it ok .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do not receive his mail, I do not speak English, but Attempt, Thanks for all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Idr : TO install Disqus or any third-party comment system ,we need to change most of code .It's not as easy as Blogger default templates because I changed original template so much to make what you see . That's all .I will find the easiest way to integrate Disqus to templates and show you . But please give me time .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Install third-party application into blogspot is not good for SEO, it's also slow down loading speed of your blog. Not recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Otakkoe'blog : you can enable it by go to Dashboard -> Setting ->Comment

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was already setting in dasboard, but still can not, please help me, what should I do ?... I really love it with this template

    tx u

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi can you help me put the adsense ads inside the post? i'm using this template.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Feature,Headline Not Working it's shows Like a One by one...........

    www.srmmediaclub.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi man i have a problem the sidebar is down no top see this
    http://elushuaiense.blogspot.com/ thanks

    ReplyDelete
  21. i'm using this template. recently, i've tried to apply the Share and like button to my template, and exactly follow your step, but it's still do not appear in my blog. appreciated if you could help me.. guide me how to fix it. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love enews template but Carousel is not slide, it's only show 4 posts and page navigation for simplexdesign also not working for enews =(

    ReplyDelete
  23. hello, in the enews template in the editors pick section its showing blank image can anyone help,

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello nhamngahanh .. How are you today?.. I hope to be in the very health and wellness..
    I want to say thank you very much for your great template..
    I've use your templates since some time ago in my blog www.newmedicalbooks.net run well and no problem ..
    but since yesterday suddenly CATEGORY MENU, FEATURED CONTENT SLIDER and CAROUSEL POSTS could not function .. I've been trying to find fault but have not met till now..
    i could try the template to another my blog, its have run well.. but if on www.newmedicalbooks.net CATEGORY MENU, FEATURED CONTENT SLIDER and CAROUSEL POSTS can't run .. Can you help me solve my problem?

    ReplyDelete